I can’t believe how fast the year is moving! How is it already mid-May? This week officially kicks off our “eating home grown food from the garden”. We’ve got lettuce and greens that are ready to be eaten, and I couldn’t be more thrilled. Except for the fact that my salad spinner broke suddenly this week. A minor inconvenience compared to the joy of eating salad I grew myself!
Andy requested a few favorites (picadillo and carnitas) and I’m trying a new to us Yotam Ottolenghi recipe (cauliflower cake) along with a repeat Ottolenghi dish (potato/saffron omelets). We’re eating pretty veggie heavy, which is why the produce section of the grocery list is a little extra long.
Have a great one!
– Carnitas with green cauli-rice
– Picadillo with green cauli-rice
– Cauliflower cake (subbing almond flour for the all-purpose)
– Potato/saffron omelets (from the Plenty cookbook from Yotam Ottolenghi)
– Chicken salad stuffed roma tomatoes
– Broccoli pancakes with salad
– Hodge Podge